[Coco] [Color Computer] WordPak RS/CO80

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Thu Jan 6 19:59:01 EST 2005

James,

Your research has paid off.  I wasn't aware that Synertek made a
replacement 6545.

The data at that website works for this chip, albeit slightly
differently.  I am now able to use R18, R19 and R31 to put characters
on the screen.

There is still something awkward.  Characters from below $40 emit latin
characters, not numbers or symbols.  And there doesn't seem to be
lowercase... just uppercase, even for lowercase ASCII characters.  I
don't know if there are multiple character sets in the CHARGEN ROM or
not.  So there still appears to be some hocus pocus about this thing.

Boisy