[Coco] QPascal - WAS:Expert C programmer wanted

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Sat Feb 12 02:16:46 EST 2005

Hi,

Robert Gault wrote:
> I have the OS-9 Pascal package but never used it. I just looked through
> the manual to try to answer your question and learned two things. First,
> the binding procedure for the manual is awful as all the pages are
> falling out.

That's great! Just the condition you want  for scanning.

I am assuming that we do not have the manual somewhere already.

> Second, I have some suggestions.
>
> OS-9 Pascal contains a Shell command which is one way of accessing OS-9
> directly. As with Basic-09 and OS-9 C, OS-9 Pascal can make use of
> assembly code. Therefore one could write any needed routines for
> interacting directly with the OS-9 system.
>
> Frederick D Provoncha wrote:
>

>> Has anyone ever succeeded in doing system calls in an OS-9 Pascal
>> program? I haven't ever been able to figure out a way. Without syscalls,
>> I can't add mouse support to any OS-9 Pascal programs. That was the main
>> reason why I gave up programming in Pascal on the Coco a while back. But
>> if anyone has an idea as to how to do it, I might try again.
>>
>> Fred Provoncha
>> Stansbury Park, UT

    QPascal, I have version .8b

Tony Schountz tonys at utkux.utk.edu 1998

Quick Pascal is a menu driven application programming interface (API) which,
when paired with Microware's OS-9 Pascal, forms a fluid integrated
development environment (IDE). OS-9 Pascal was first released under OS-9
Level I and does not work with Level II as packaged. Radio Shack never
released an updated version, however, in this archive is a patched version
of 'pascal' native compiler which will run properly under Level II and
exploit the use of a RAM disk.

Quick Pascal is not so much a program as it is an environment; I like to
think of it as a toolbox for OS-9 Pascal. Contained within this toolbox are
several programs, utilities and files needed to help OS-9 Pascal function
properly and efficiently under Level II. Because some of these programs are
Basic09 I-code, 'RunB' must also be in memory, along with the 'gfx2'
graphics support module. In the archive table of Quick Pascal, you should
see the following (See Appendix III for actual listing):

--
Stephen H. Fischer