[Coco] FD-502 floppy

James C. Hrubik, Sr. jimhrubik at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 10 23:07:21 EST 2005

Mike, if it's a 502, it's a DS DD drive, and under OS9 you can use it
as such, back side and all with the right descriptor.  No mods
necessary.  If it's like my son's 502, the power plug for the second
drive ( and the floppy cable connector) will let you plug in a 1.4M 3.5
as the second drive.  If there are no jumpers on the 3.5, you may have
to do the twisty thing in the middle of the cable.  I had to use a
power adapter to put the 3.5 in my FD500 case, but again, no mods were
necessary to the floppy cable on any of my drives as long as the drives
had jumpers.

-----Items below rated "R"; parental discretion advised----