[Coco] FD-502 floppy

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Thu Feb 10 22:49:10 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/10/05 11:20:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
teamick at cox.net writes:

If  anyone is interested . electronics-plus.com has brand new Tandy
FD-502's  for $79.95
plus $17.95 shipping and handling . It looks like that includes
controller, dual case ,
1 - 5 1/4 floppy  and manual according to  the box pictured. It doesn't
say anything about cable.  What normally  came with the FD-502 from Tandy?

Well, this certainly sounds like a "Drive 0 Kit", since it has controller
and manual -- and, by Tandy's standards, that definitely includes the  cable!
For nearly $100 I hope you get one with it.

That cable will have two female connectors, with teeth pulled to hit Drives
0 and 1.  But you can crimp more connectors to handle more drives,
double-sided, etc.  I suspect that drive won't read its back side with a  stock Tandy
connector (someone correct me!).
--Mike K.