[Coco] FD-502 floppy

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Thu Feb 10 23:13:34 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/10/05 11:07:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jimhrubik at earthlink.net writes:

Mike, if  it's a 502, it's a DS DD drive, and under OS9 you can use it
as such, back  side and all with the right descriptor.  No mods
necessary.  If  it's like my son's 502, the power plug for the second
drive ( and the  floppy cable connector) will let you plug in a 1.4M 3.5
as the second  drive.  If there are no jumpers on the 3.5, you may have
to do the  twisty thing in the middle of the cable.  I had to use a
power  adapter to put the 3.5 in my FD500 case, but again, no mods were
necessary  to the floppy cable on any of my drives as long as the drives
had  jumpers.

OK, good.  Sounds like Tandy got completely away from their  non-standard
ways of doing things, when they put out this setup.

By that time, I had long since gone to 3rd party drives, and was using my
big Sears Craftsman vise to put "real" connectors on those Tandy cables  :-)
--Mike K.