[Coco] Expert C programmer wanted

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Mon Feb 7 01:30:07 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Allen Huffman" <alsplace at pobox.com>

> Someone mentioned a $50,000 price tag to pay for a compiler these
> days...

Nope, not for a compiler, for most anything. I used to get guys who'd ask me
to write a horse handicapping program or something of the sort - often for a
whole $100. $50 K used to give them a wakeup. But that's only $50 per hour
for 1,000 hours - 6 months, and $50 billing per hour means $16 per hour to
the programmer. That's really cheap. REALLY cheap.

I quote that to do a database transfer from something weird to MS Access for
example.

Regards,

Neil Morrison