[Coco] Was unix, now SSC Tracker (MiniHog)

Chris Spry bugster at cedarcomm.com
Wed Feb 2 15:43:53 EST 2005

Tried Pan and didn't like it.  Don't like the interface and I wouldn't be
able to use it to make music for games that use the SSC.  But the SSC
SoundTracker is more than halfway finished and finished with the interface
last night, just have to get all the commands written and the format
converter (the data is stored in a format that the program and the user can
understand,  but when it is saved as SSC raw binary format or needs to be
played through the SSC, the original data gets converted over to this format
that the SSC understands and uses).  Then with some more testing it will be
finished.  I even added a high/low speed toggle command in case there is
someone who has a modified SSC pack.  That's great that you are willing to
do the modification!  I was planning on doing modifications for people,
using the information on how to convert it from coco3.com so you could hear
the music while playing MiniHog (without it, all you would get are the sound
effects, which will be done with the CoCo 3's DAC).  I already have the
parts to do the mods.

-Chris from Vintage Fun World.