[Coco] UltiMusE SOURCE CODE to be released

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Wed Feb 2 00:07:12 EST 2005

At 10:31 PM 2/1/2005, you wrote:

>In a message dated 2/1/05 4:32:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>rtaylor at bayou.com writes:
>
>How  dependent is UltiMusE on OS-9 calls?  Perhaps somebody can convert it
>to a Portal-9 project and port it to Disk  BASIC.

I won't be much help with the C conversions.  I think if UME could be
broken down into assembly files and made into a Portal-9 project, that the
OS-9 calls could be recreated/duped/simulated enough to make the system
work under Disk BASIC.  My guess is that the memory management would be the
main challenge, especially for somebody not tuned into the concept.

--
Roger Taylor