[Coco] Bad news, good news...PARTS!!!

George Ramsower Yahoo at DVDPlayersOnly.com
Mon Dec 12 23:41:46 EST 2005

Finding older chips is pretty easy.
Just the other day, I tossed about fifty pounds of boards with old chips on
them.
There were 74XX/X stuff, 54XX/X stuff and a LOT of other things I didn't
recognize.
Junk yards are around which recycle old computers, RDAT systems, modems and
tons of stuff I don't even know what they are.
These junk yards are not everywhere, as there aren't that many. You'll find
them in areas that have military bases, airports, and other businesses that
deal with high tech stuff.
 I can go into town(San Antonio) and find stuff that I have NO IDEA what it
is.  Out of these "things" I find magnets, solenoids, transistors, chips,
transformers, caps, resistors, diodes(sometimes really heavy current
diodes), heat sinks galore!, and ..... stuff we don't know what the heck it
is..

 I've got more chips than you can shake a stick at.  I've thrown away even
more!

 Look around in your phone book. You might find places to find all sorts of
useable things.

 Look under "Salvage".  That's a great start!

 I've got chips that solder though the boards, flat packs, leadless and(like
I said) stuff I have no idea what they are.
 You pay by the pound, take it home, pick what you want out of the trash on
the board and toss the rest.

 I'm sorry. I won't part with what I've saved. I use this stuff.... well,
some of it anyway.

 Check it out, see what you find and report to us what your results are in
your area.

 It's fun!

George