[Coco] partial OS9 boot from hard drive (back on topic)

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sat Aug 27 23:06:45 EDT 2005

If your hard drive was loaded with OS-9 files, I don't see how you can
expect it to boot if you use a NitrOS-9 track34 and os9boot file but an
OS-9 grfdrv on the hard drive. You should be able to boot NitrOS-9 from
a floppy and read/write to/from your hard drive. If that does not work
let us know.

If you want the hard drive to be a NitrOS-9 drive, you will need to boot
from a NitrOS-9 floppy, replace all critical OS-9 files on the hard
drive with the NitrOS-9 equivalents, and then you can try changing the
floppy init to boot from the hard drive.

For safety sake, rename the hard drive CMD directory to something else
and make a new CMD directory with NitrOS-9 files. Also do the same with
cc3go in the root directory if you take it out of os9boot. If you can't
get things to work, then you can easily get your hard drive back to the
original state.