[Coco] partial OS9 boot from hard drive (back on topic)

Vern Burke vburke at skow.net
Sat Aug 27 22:00:43 EDT 2005

Mark:
    It was just the controller (since I have/had a ton of SCSI hard
drives hanging around on the shelf). Unfortunately, the recent
disintegration of my business under extreme pressure and the loss of
almost everything I've worked for for the last 12 years leaves me with
no discretionary funds at the moment.
    I don't believe this is anything that hasn't been done before, but
99% of the question answer volume has been "buy something else", so I'll
probably just end up re-shelving things.
    Regarding NitrOS-9, I was finally able to tease what appeared to be
a good disk from the dsk file (now that I understand which distribution
file is supposed to be what)(disk and files all readable from stock OS9)
however it totally refuses to boot (after DOS command, simply drops back
to OK). The machine runs stock OS9 fine, has a 63C09E, and completely
fails to run NitrOS9 (but runs the old Gale Force version I've still got
hanging around on floppy).
    Maybe I'll bother pulling it back out when the SuperBoard comes
around (yes, I've got an outstanding deposit on a SuperBoard from quite
some time back).

Vern