[Coco] partial OS9 boot from hard drive (back on topic)

Vern Burke vburke at skow.net
Sat Aug 27 09:50:58 EDT 2005

OS is OS9 L2, the SCSI controller is a TCCC/Cloud 9 unit. The driver is
TCC512 and, yes, the working floppy boot contains the driver and /h0
description for the hard drive. I sometimes wish for the old days of my
CoCo XT and the XT ROM.

At the time I got mine, and as far as I know still, there is no
provision to boot this combination without use of a floppy, or to load
the boot track or os9boot from the hard drive.

I certainly can just make the /dd descriptor the hard drive descriptor,
the problem is that the boot will not finish with /dd set as working
directory and /dd/cmds set as execution. The boot finshes up /d0 and
/d0/cmds and it's a pain in the butt because I have to do a manual
chd/chx to the hard drive.

Vern