[Coco] [Color Computer] Offtopic - Zeta

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Tue Aug 16 10:13:19 EDT 2005

Rumor has it that KnudsenMJ at aol.com may have mentioned these words:

>In a message dated 8/15/05 10:54:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>michael at musicheadproductions.org writes:
>
>I am a  bit disappointed
>that Zeta won't be supporting the PPC arch, but since even  Apple is
>abandoning it I shouldn't be  surprised.
>
>Sad to realize that Moto is finally going to be out of the high-end CPU
>business -- no more 68K or PPC.

What about Cell?

>   Or maybe industrial apps will keep the PPC  line
>going for a while longer, though losing the Mac must have been a
>solar  plexus blow.

And gaining Sony (PS3) & MicroSoft (XBox 360) will generate a *lot* more
sales than what they lost from Apple...

Not to mention that IBM still uses quite a few PPCs for their Power server
systems, but I refuse to speculate how long that may last.

I doubt Moto's CPU section going under anytime soon... ;-)

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger  --  SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
zmerch at 30below.com

Hi! I am a .signature virus.  Copy me into your .signature to join in!