[Coco] [Color Computer] Offtopic - Zeta

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Tue Aug 16 10:09:20 EDT 2005

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:43:53 -0600, <KnudsenMJ at aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 8/15/05 10:54:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> michael at musicheadproductions.org writes:
>
> I am a  bit disappointed
> that Zeta won't be supporting the PPC arch, but since even  Apple is
> abandoning it I shouldn't be  surprised.
>

> Sad to realize that Moto is finally going to be out of the high-end CPU
> business -- no more 68K or PPC.  Or maybe industrial apps will keep the
> PPC  line
> going for a while longer, though losing the Mac must have been a solar
> plexus
> blow.  --Mike K.

     Well, it is still being used in embedded, and IBM still uses them in
their higher range server lines. And, of course, all 3 of the new gaming
consoles (Sony PS3, Xbox Live and Nintendo Revolution) are using PPC
derivatives, so in that sense, sales of PPC chips should actually
increase, and outsell Macs by probably 4 or 5 to 1 (even if Mac's
increased sales trend continues at the present pace).

--
L. Curtis Boyle