[Coco] [Color Computer] Offtopic - Zeta

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Tue Aug 16 16:09:42 EDT 2005

Roger

Motorola spun all their remianing semiconductor division off as
Freescale in 2003. I think Motorola retains about 10% of Freescale.
Back in 1998 time frame they spun the linear IC and discrete
products off as On Semiconductor and retained 10% of them.

I do wonder how much longer the base 68K line will remain a viable
product. I expect the 683xx series of microcontrollers to remain in
productin for a while longer. They at least  have a niche market in
embedded controller operation.

james