[Coco] mess questions

Lothan lothan at newsguy.com
Thu Apr 28 05:59:41 EDT 2005

I haven't tried getting into the debugger, so I can't answer this question.
This may require enabling the debugger in the source code and recompiling.

I understand why the keyboard is mapped the way it is, but it drives me nuts
sometimes too. You can change the keyboard mapping by editing
systems\dragon.c and recompiling. Look for the section that starts with
INPUT_PORTS_START(coco) or INPUT_PORTS_START(coco3). You may want to do this
with MESS 0.95b source code because it is easier to interpret and edit than
previous versions.

I do this by using the OS9.EXE tool in Windows to copy files to and from
virtual disks, but it's limited to 8.3 filenames. It works fine with FAT,
FAT32, and NTFS partitions, but you must feed it short filenames.