[Coco] mess questions

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Thu Apr 28 04:17:16 EDT 2005

OK, trying to use MESS under Linux, hopefully someone can answer:

a) how do I get into the debugger? Is this part of xmess by default or
do I need to recompile? The User Interface menu shows Toggle Debugger on
F5 but that doesn't seem to do anything
b) How do I fix the ridiculous keyboard mapping to PC style (I know *why
* it is the way it is, I just want to know how to fix it...)
c) Quick easy way to load cross compiled machine language programs into
mess? I'm trying to create a ROM-based Forth interpreter which takes
full advantage of the Coco 3... starting with a port of CamelForth 6809
(that part should be easy, I've already done it for the Tandy WP-2 Z80
CamelForth).

Thanks,

-- John.