[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] Linux a cousin to OS-9

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Mon Apr 25 11:04:42 EDT 2005

On Apr 24, 2005, at 4:42 PM, Glen VanDenBiggelaar wrote:

> I support nitr09 and the projects by supporting Cloud 9 and buying the
> products they offer. I know I can download it for free, but one of the
> first
> things I bought was a copy from Cloud 9. If I had more money I would
> definatly donate to a fund that equaly supported each contributer. If
> each
> contributer were selling stuff, I would suport each and every one of
> them. I
> know Boisey probably would like to keep Cloud 9 separate from the
> nitrOS-9

It's Boisy (to borrow Phill's expression) :)

Yes, the idea is that NitrOS-9 is free and for everyone, and is in no
way tied to Cloud-9, other than the fact that we sell copies for a
small fee.  Clearly, anyone who wants NitrOS-9 may go to
www.nitros9.org and download their own copy.  And the source code is
open for everyone to see, so the project is transparent.

I cannot say that the improvements to NitrOS-9 haven't in some way been
related to Cloud-9 products.  Obviously, SuperDriver is only as good as
it is because I was able to make changes to RBF and format, something
that would have been difficult to do before.  But I believe the changes
have made the operating system better.  Clearly, not having to go
through the formula headache when formatting a hard drive is a big
relief.
--
Boisy G. Pitre
E-Mail: boisy at boisypitre.com