[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] Linux a cousin to OS-9

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 24 17:42:59 EDT 2005

I support nitr09 and the projects by supporting Cloud 9 and buying the
products they offer. I know I can download it for free, but one of the first
things I bought was a copy from Cloud 9. If I had more money I would
definatly donate to a fund that equaly supported each contributer. If each
contributer were selling stuff, I would suport each and every one of them. I
know Boisey probably would like to keep Cloud 9 separate from the nitrOS-9
project, but you can't argue that him and Mark are a BIG resource to the
CoCo comunity. I honestly think that they are the Biggest effort driving the
hobby. I would GLADLY pay for nitrOS 9 (and I did from Mark). I have never
used the cc6809 compiler and if I do use it, I would gladly pay for the
rights to use it. Everybody has to make a living, and if you use a product
you should be willing to pay for it.
-Glen

>So I'm curious, how do you feel about NitrOS-9 and the cc6809 C-compiler
>project? Are the authors just a bunch of chumps that don't understand
>the free market?
>
>Cooperation happens when all parties benefit from the exchange. I give
>code away in a way that encourages (and sometimes requires) you to give
>back. Just because no money is exchanged doesn't mean the author doesn't
>benefit from his work.
>
>And economic arguments aside, my momma taught me to share...
>
>-- John.
>

>Brought to you by the 6809, the 6803 and their cousins!
>Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links