[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] Linux a cousin to OS-9

Basil Fitze basilf at telus.net
Sun Apr 24 17:43:02 EDT 2005

You can kiss BG boots as far as I care but the truth is that if MS made
MS Office for Linux you would say good buy to Windows that is the only
thing that is hold back the implantation of Linux on the Desktop.

IF your a MS lackey fine but some people have imagination and don't look
at the '$' as a reason to do everything.  Open source works for many
especially nations that can't afford MS.  Or the people who don't like
MS, but some people call them names etc...  Windows is closed and just
try to get new things into  while Linux is open to all as I mentioned
before.

Windows has not been a help to the Tech world its been a hindrance
Windows has really not changed all that much and why MS monopolized the
market and forced computer manufacturer to build with Windows
pre-installed, why because they  killed any possible competition and
would kill Linux if not for open source.  I can install a copy of Linux
on as many computers as I want with no legal issues try that with Windows.

That is the real issue here and that is money.  With something like
Linux it hinders MS's monopoly.  I use Windows XP Home and Linux on a
dual boot system I usally only go to Windows to use a MS program but for
most of the time I use Linux  and that is usally MS Office since not all
Office programs will encode Word files 100% and that is it.  If I could
but MS Office for Linux I would perge

Yahoo! Groups Links