[Color Computer] [Coco] Is this a 6309?

Phill Harvey-Smith dragon at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Sun Apr 24 09:06:24 EDT 2005

George Ramsower wrote:

> [...]

Alas mind reading, though it would be a usefull skill at times is not
something I can currently do :)

>  "Is this the enhanced version from Hitachi or is it a true clone of the
> 6809 from mtrla?"

As it was HD68B09EP I would say it's just a straight 6809 clone and not
the enhanced one :( As a matter of fact my original Dragon 32 had one of
the Hitachi ones, but I believe they where a second source (for the
6809)before they made the 6309.

>  I put this chip on this CC3 board several years ago(before we knew about
> the 6309 enhancements).
>  I have enough of these CPUs  to do all my cocos. If they are truly the
> enhanced version from Hitachi, I will replace the mtrla chips as time
> passes, and upgrade to Nitros9 on each one..... as soon as I figure out how
> to do that.

Yeah I must get hold of a couple of the 6309's too and try them in My
Dragons & CoCo.

Phill.

Yahoo! Groups Links