[Color Computer] [Coco] Is this a 6309?

George Ramsower yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Sun Apr 24 08:48:57 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phill Harvey-Smith" <dragon at aurigae.demon.co.
> Yep I believe that both the 6809 and 6309 will work with Nitros9 now.
>
> Would this chip have been in a CoCo 3 ? as the 'B' in the middle
> indicates that this is a 2MHz rated part rather than the 1MHz rated part
> that was in the CoCo 1,2 & Dragons.

 I asked ... "Is this the one that will work with Nitros9?"
 In my head(Can't you read my mind?) I was asking..

 "Is this the enhanced version from Hitachi or is it a true clone of the
6809 from mtrla?"

 I put this chip on this CC3 board several years ago(before we knew about
the 6309 enhancements).
 I have enough of these CPUs  to do all my cocos. If they are truly the
enhanced version from Hitachi, I will replace the mtrla chips as time
passes, and upgrade to Nitros9 on each one..... as soon as I figure out how
to do that.

George

Yahoo! Groups Links