[Coco] Re: : Tandy's biggest mistakes thread

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Thu Apr 21 15:15:25 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 14:45 -0400, Arthur Flexser wrote:
> Again, way too late.  (If it had info on the GIME, then you are talking about
> the CoCo 3 era.)  I had in mind what was available in the early days of the
> CoCo.  The manuals were written to not intimidate anyone, even children, with
> lots of cutesy cartoons and so forth.  But they did scrimp a lot on the
> technical side.
>
> Art

There were service manuals for all the cocos, weren't there? For I/O
chips though I guess you were on your own. I suppose the datasheets were
available that had more details, but finding stuff like that wouldn't
have been as easy as it is today where most data sheets can be scrounged
off the web..

But yeah it would have been better to have it in the manual. All we got
in the color basic manuals was how to call ML user subroutines, a few
ROM entry points and some system variable addresses for setting up
serial printer params and such.

-- John.