[Coco] [Color Computer] Is this a discussion about a new Coco?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Apr 17 21:36:21 EDT 2005

Al

There  has been talk and discussion on what is commonly called a
COCO4. It would be a more modernized and updated COCO3.

The idea would be interface to PS2 style keyboards, mice and VGA
monitors.

Right now some of the pieces are inplace to add on to the existing
COCO. I am investigating feasability of a microATX size or even
smaller motherboard with the HD63B09E as the core processor.
The real nuts and bolts is to reduce a specialized chip that is
commonly called the GIME chip. I am hoping to have that done in
an FPGA and start testing this summer. An ideal dream would be to
incorparate the GIME and the 6309 into one chip.  Right now it will
be crawl before run scenario.

james