[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: Is this a discussion about a new Coco?

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 17 16:51:47 EDT 2005

We weren't really talking about that... just a plug in cartrige with
USB and IDE for existing CoCos.

I keep hearing about the superboard but if it's anything like the
Commodore One or the stuff I've seen from Cloud-9 I don't think I'll
be interested.

I've thought about building a CoCo clone that would fit in an external
5 1/4" drive case.  Allow 1 internal IDE or CompactFlash drive and
everything else would be USB.  No point in adding all kinds of devices
that USB will handle.  Include VGA output, lots of RAM, lots of FLASH,
standard CoCo sound, Orchestra 90cc sound and an onboard connector for
hooking up old devices.  That would let you transfer files from your
old disks.

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, Al Hartman <alhartman at y...> wrote:
> I'd be interested in buying one.
>
> Meaning a Coco that could be put into a standard ATX
> case and use standard PC Components (floppy drives,
> etc...).
>
> There are several projects that have done this
> recently...
>
> The Commodore One, is a C-64/128 on an ATX Sized
> board.
>
> The Apple One has been re-done as the "Replica One".
>
> That Commodore Joystick TV game is actually a full
> C-64. If you open the case, there are pads to attach a
> PS/2 Port for a keyboard, and a serial port for an
> external disk drive... (made by the same lady who
> developed the Commodore One)
>
> I would love an updated Coco that would output to VGA,
> used PS/2 Mice and Keyboards, used an ATX Case, had an
> on-board disk controller so I could attach an old 360k
> Drive for compatibility, AND a 1.44 3.5" drive.
>
> Had ADOS 3 on board.
> Hitachi 6809 Clone Processor
> Used standard PC-100/PC-133 Dimms for Memory
> PC Standard RS-232 Port for Modems
> Ethernet port?
> VGA output as well as composite.
> USB?
>
> That would be a nice play machine. Especially if the
> price for a board could be kept below $250 or so...
>
> Is that what people are talking about here?

Yahoo! Groups Links