[Coco] [Color Computer] Holy Mods Batman!

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 13 13:25:37 EDT 2005

You right James,
I am in the process of getting a new scanner (i killed my old one) and I
will be scanning the last 2 years (thats all I have now) of rainbow and they
will be up on my website in PDF.
I think ther is a goldmine opertunity for the rights holder (if any) of
those old publications to ether re-print the magazines in a book form or on
CD in PDF form. I just got my first taste of the Rainbow (never saw them in
the 80's or 90's here in Canada), and even though they are literaly falling
apart, they hold a wealth of information- and its cool to see all the old
Ads. The only bad thing is that last year of the Rainbow were printed in a
"newspaper" form which when scanned, looks rather bad.
I have the first, second, third and fourth Rainbow book of adventures that
will be up on my online store right away, although the first was just a
magazine, and it is falling apart. I guess the previous owner used them too
well, or just never took care of them.
-Glen

>I've seen most of those in Rainbow magazine or other COCO magazines.
>HOT COCO had a lot of hardware projects.
>
>My original COCO 1 has an internal amplifier, speaker, volume control,
>front reset button, composite and sound outputs, HJL keyboard and a
>heatsink on one of the chips.  I had the parts for the power LED and
>high speed LED but I didn't want to drill on the case anymore.  I
>started building a 128K upgrade but spent the money on a modem,
>printer, multi-pak interface, speech n sound pak, RS-232 pak,
>Orchestra 90CC pak, X-Pad and stuff like that instead of the RAM.
>
>Given the fact that I made those upgrades and have many of the
>magazines I probably still have the articles.
>
>I was ready to upgrade to a COCO3 but then I hooked up with a company
>developing for the Amiga and the COCO was soon stuffed into a closet.
>  So I don't have any post COCO3 magazines... at least no later than
>the first reviews.  I did eventually pick up a used COCO3 for $20 in
>the early 90's.
>
>I think it would be a good idea everyone started scanning in their
>COCO magazines and books so they could be made available on a website
>or CD.  I still have a quite a few magazines and The 3rd Rainbow Book
>of Adventures I could scan but not all are in the best condition.
>

>--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "Jim Cox" <jimcox at m...> wrote:
> > On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:40:40 -0000
> >   "Dave" <dx375 at h...> wrote:
> > >

> > > http://tinyurl.com/5h9n9
> > >
> > > All I can say is....wow!
> > >
> > > Wouldn't mind installing some of these mods in my parts
> > >CoCo 3 for
> > > fun....
> > >
> > > Cheers Dave
> > >

> > It would be nice if those mods were documented somewhere?
> >
> > -Jim
>

>Brought to you by the 6809, the 6803 and their cousins!
>Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links