[Coco] [Color Computer] Holy Mods Batman!

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 13 02:58:32 EDT 2005

I've seen most of those in Rainbow magazine or other COCO magazines.
HOT COCO had a lot of hardware projects.

My original COCO 1 has an internal amplifier, speaker, volume control,
front reset button, composite and sound outputs, HJL keyboard and a
heatsink on one of the chips.  I had the parts for the power LED and
high speed LED but I didn't want to drill on the case anymore.  I
started building a 128K upgrade but spent the money on a modem,
printer, multi-pak interface, speech n sound pak, RS-232 pak,
Orchestra 90CC pak, X-Pad and stuff like that instead of the RAM.

Given the fact that I made those upgrades and have many of the
magazines I probably still have the articles.

I was ready to upgrade to a COCO3 but then I hooked up with a company
developing for the Amiga and the COCO was soon stuffed into a closet.
 So I don't have any post COCO3 magazines... at least no later than
the first reviews.  I did eventually pick up a used COCO3 for $20 in
the early 90's.

I think it would be a good idea everyone started scanning in their
COCO magazines and books so they could be made available on a website
or CD.  I still have a quite a few magazines and The 3rd Rainbow Book
of Adventures I could scan but not all are in the best condition.

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "Jim Cox" <jimcox at m...> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:40:40 -0000
>   "Dave" <dx375 at h...> wrote:
> >

> > http://tinyurl.com/5h9n9
> >
> > All I can say is....wow!
> >
> > Wouldn't mind installing some of these mods in my parts
> >CoCo 3 for
> > fun....
> >
> > Cheers Dave
> >

> It would be nice if those mods were documented somewhere?
>
> -Jim

Yahoo! Groups Links