[Coco] Re: OT -- computer for Philipino girl.

farna at att.net farna at att.net
Mon Apr 4 12:57:59 EDT 2005

Thanks guys! I scored a decent used IBM PII/400 on e-bay with nearly 300MB of RAM, 5 or 6 GB HD, docking station, CD-ROM drive, and an external floppy for $200. No OS, but will put Win98SE on it. With all the RAM it should be reasonably fast. I'm planning on putting AVG on it, though I doubt the kid will be able to get on-line for a while, if ever. I'll load a few games on it, and my daughter has a cheapo digital camera that I'll send along to. Max resolution on the little digital camera is something like half VGA (320x240, I think), but will give the kid something to play around with. A computer with no usefulness won't get used!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Independent

> >Rumor has it that KnudsenMJ at aol.com may have mentioned these words:
> >>
> >>In a message dated 4/1/05 8:04:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> farna at att.net
> >>writes:
> >
> >Hey Frank! Long time, no see... ;-)

(Frank wrote)
> company
> or more

(KnudsenMJ answered)
> >For used laptops, I've had good luck with:
> >
> >http://www.maxxuminc.com (altho it's best to call 'em, they don't
> usually
> >keep a good inventory on their website)
> >
> >http://www.tcresale.com
> >
> >and to a lesser extent (but great for a lot of other stuff):
> >
> >http://www.isellsurplus.com
> >
> >In a lame attempt to bring this ontopic, the last two sites carry quite
> >bit of "outdated" hardware (DSDD floppy drives, fer instance) that
> might
> >be useful to a CoCoNut...

(from Roger Merchberger)