[Coco] Disto 1 Meg power supply

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Fri Apr 1 12:31:48 EST 2005

>I  recently won an Auction for a 1 Meg Disto board (attached to a CoCo3
>Mobo). I have been trying to find any info on this and possibly some
>PDF's of it. I found out it does need a separate Power supply. Does
>anybody have information on this, or a manual I could possibly buy off
>them.

I have the same Disto 1 Meg, and just went upstairs and checked the power
supply.  Ironically, it was made by Commodore ;-)  It's rated 9.5V at  1 Amp.
One amp is pretty high for a wall wart, but judging by how hot the Disto
card's regulator IC gets, it's probably using a good percentage of that  current.

Since the onboard regulator probably cuts it down to 5.0 V, I'd say that  any
supply rated over 7 V should do the trick.

Polarity and connector type are somethingI could figure out, but I'd have  to
disassemble my Coco3 stack (Coco, remote keyboard, MPI, floppy nd HD
controllers) to get at it.

Somewhere, and the operative word is SOME, I have the little manual that
came with it, but unclear how long it would take to dig it out, especially this
week when I'm very busy.
I should probably hang onto the Manuela as long as I own the hardware (so I
don't end up selling HW without the SW or manual, ugh), but if I find it I
could  answer questions.
--Mike K.