[Coco] Re: Coco on a SVGA monitor using the Xrgb-2 Plus

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Fri Sep 10 18:36:03 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 13:30, Robert Emery wrote:

> Also, even at $75, that's still only about half of the next cheapest device
> we've found that accepts RGBA. But I believe that will be pushing the limit of
> competitive pricing for the hobbyist market.

Competitive? That implies a competitor. Maybe the competitor is old CGA
monitors, or living with a CM-8? Personally I did fine for years with a
cheap monochrome monitor which gave a perfect 80 column display once I
gave up the living room floor connected to the family tv. Eventually my
brother had a CM-8 but he played games.

But I'd agree my own pain point for such a video adapter is probably
around $50 - $60 It would be cool to be able to connect my coco to video
kvm switch, I'd certainly pay something for that.

-- John.