[Coco] Re: Coco on a SVGA monitor using the Xrgb-2 Plus

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 18:52:53 EDT 2004

--- "John R. Hogerhuis" <jhoger at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 13:30, Robert Emery wrote:
>
> > Also, even at $75, that's still only about half of the next cheapest device
> > we've found that accepts RGBA. But I believe that will be pushing the limit
> of
> > competitive pricing for the hobbyist market.
>
> Competitive? That implies a competitor. Maybe the competitor is old CGA
> monitors, or living with a CM-8?

Pretty much hit the nail on the head... and a CGA monitor is an excellent
choice, but they are getting rare too. Modifying one to accept analog would
undoubdedly be an excellent choice for do-it-yourselfers, but a bit over most
heads without a decent how-to article.

> Personally I did fine for years with a
> cheap monochrome monitor which gave a perfect 80 column display once I
> gave up the living room floor connected to the family tv. Eventually my
> brother had a CM-8 but he played games.
>
> But I'd agree my own pain point for such a video adapter is probably
> around $50 - $60 It would be cool to be able to connect my coco to video
> kvm switch, I'd certainly pay something for that.

It'll happen. Life will be good then.

Bob