[Coco] Re: Coco on a SVGA monitor using the Xrgb-2 Plus

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 16:30:58 EDT 2004

--- Torsten Dittel <Torsten at Dittel.info> wrote:

> > is not so forth coming with thier application notes. It bothers me that you
> have to
> > request application literature and that they are not freely giving that
> away.

I found tons of info at the AverLogic website... datasheets, flyer and product
knowledge, application notes and a fairly complete reference design... over a
megabyte of pdf's, all freely downloadable. Who wants a zip of the stuff?

Also, if someone has the desire, equipment and ability to experiment with the
AL250, in a circuit already set up to send NTSC input out to VGA, I am willing
to provide the test unit **for that purpose**. Yes, the composite input works
to get television quality output from a VGA monitor... with that limitation it
is no better than using a decent TV.

> But you might be right that producng less than 50 boards will be
> expensive. Someone has to solder the chips, I don't know how this could
> be done. Mark?

Check this out... build your own SMT reflow oven... looks good!
http://www.circuitcellar.com/library/print/0704/Lacoste_168/index.htm

Also, even at $75, that's still only about half of the next cheapest device
we've found that accepts RGBA. But I believe that will be pushing the limit of
competitive pricing for the hobbyist market.

Bob