[Coco] Glenside IDE drivers problematic?

alsplace at pobox.com alsplace at pobox.com
Wed May 26 14:07:51 EDT 2004

I got a disk with the drivers (and source, and shareware EZGen) from
the Glenside IDE booth at the CoCoFest.

The lock up is one of those where the system freezes, but you can still
press CLEAR (but not type).  I don't have extra windows open so I just
see the cursor flicker when I press clear, but an earlier lockup with a
window open let me switch windows but not type.

I am now able to get a hang just by doing a read-only ccheck (B&B file
check util) from the IDE/CF card, so it does seem related to either the
IDE drivers or something going wrong in my IDE interface.  I should see
if I ever get a hang from HDB-DOS

About the CD/DVD(!) support:  Does this let me burn an RBF drive image
to CD and read it on the CoCo?

     -- Allen