[Coco] Glenside IDE drivers problematic?

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Wed May 26 13:59:36 EDT 2004

On May 25, 2004, at 10:35 PM, Allen Huffman wrote:

> At the Fest I picked up a Cloud-9 IDE interface, and the Glenside
> drivers (since Cloud-9 does not have OS-9 drivers for their interface
> yet).  For the longest time I thought the conflict I was having was
> with the KenTon SCSISYS2 drivers (trying to copy from a SyQuest drive
> to the IDE drive) but now it looks like the Glenside drivers are
> locking up.  I have seen the lockup without SCSISYS present, just
> dsaving from floppy to the IDE interface.

Allen,

I remember seeing the drivers, but failed to ask where you got them
from?  Are they available?  Where is the source code for the drivers?

Can you explain the lock-up?  Is it a total freeze, or just that the
copy command hangs?

FWIW, I'm making steady progress on the NitrOS-9 IDE drivers for the
SuperIDE.  llide now handles ATAPI drives, and I've tested a CD-ROM and
a DVD-ROM on the CoCo 3 using an RBF CD-ROM and they both work fine.
ATAPI ZIP drives are next.

Boisy