[Coco] [Color Computer] A Lot of questions

Mark Marlette mmarlett at isd.net
Thu May 13 06:09:01 EDT 2004

At 06:12 AM 5/13/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello everyone.  I hope all is going well for everyone.  I have
>finally found EBay and purchased a lot of COCO stuff trying to build
>my
>collection.  It is fun to get back into the old COCO's.  I have some
>questions I hope you can help me with.
>
>1.  The COCO Fest this weekend I have been debating driving up there
>from Kansas City, but I not sure what it is all about.  Will people
>be selling stuff there?

Yes, we will have all of our products there. A good place to pick up items
and meet some GREAT people!

>2.  How do I download program from the internet on my PC and get
>them over to the COCO?

I use a floppy and utilities but that is on modified hardware. Could use an
Emulator and a 5 1/4" drive or a serial cable and terminal programs.

>3.  Where can I buy 5 1/4 disk and tapes for the COCO.  They are
>very hard to find here.

We have some disks at the fest, no tapes. We are going to solid state
storage devices. :)

>4.  I got a Multi Pak for the COCO's, but it does not work on the
>COCO 3.  I remember this issue back in theday, but I do not know if
>it can be fixed.

Mpack should power up on CC3 and even work to a certain extent. If not then
it is defect. Depending on the type of pak, 26-3024, that is a chip upgrade
to work on a CC3. A 26-3124 is a time and material upgrade that we do.
Prior is $10, latter is $25.

Regards,

Mark
Cloud-9