[Coco] Memory Stick and more on CoCo?

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sat May 8 21:58:41 EDT 2004

In a message dated 5/8/04 4:06:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mmarlett at isd.net
writes:

> I will have a limited number of interface adapters at the Fest. Requires a
>  compact flash type 1 socket. Cloud-9 sells just the CF adapter that will
>  work on the Glenside with the adapter. The SuperIDE already has a compact
>  flash slot so the adapter plugs directly in to it.
>
>  Cost for the adapter is $45. If you are coming to the Fest let me know and
>  I will make sure you get one. If you are not coming and want one, just let
>  me know.....
>
>  I also picked up a 128MB USB jump drive....That will be more of a project
>  but someday..... :)

If you build a USB interface into the Superboard (or maybe it's already in
there?), you can connect directly to a camera to read/write its memory card,
with no need for the adapter.
Just need a ton of software drivers to access the camera's file system, but
that is pretty well standardized.  Even Linux can do it.

FWIW, my little Fuji camera uses Smart Media, which seems to be phasing out
except in some pro cameras.  It's amazing stuff though, and as we talked about
here earlier, you can read/write any kind of files into a camera's memory
card, not just JPGs and the like.
--Mike K.