[Coco] Re: Monthly CoCo Lists / Newsgroup Informational Posting

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Mon Mar 29 23:45:06 EST 2004

Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I expected this to happen and I believe there is no defense for such
> attacks. Please tell me I am wrong.

You are wrong.

> Any solution would have to be done by all the ISP that carry B.L.CoCo,
 > an impossible task.

If you can convert the bit.listserv.coco to a moderated newsgroup, and
set up a computer program to aprove all posts, you can set the filter to
automaticaly hold for posts abusive people or for attempted spam posts,
but let every one else through.

Some of the other newsgroups that I know of run that way.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only