[Coco] Re: Monthly CoCo Lists / Newsgroup Informational Posting

Stephen H. Fischer sfischer1 at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 29 20:25:08 EST 2004

Hi,

The SPAM message : "$$$$ HONEST MONEY MAKING  $$$$" appeared on *many*
Newsgroups.

I know as I had to mark all of them one by one in each newsgroup as read.

So do not fault B.L.CoCo.

There are at least 1 or more every day, on weekends many more.

A different set appears on Microsoft's news server. I believe that to be
dangerous as there are signs they are being traced.

The return of ... should be met with a request for help from those who can
deal with him.

But alas, he may just call in his friends who are much smarter than him and
they will complete his destruction.

I expected this to happen and I believe there is no defense for such
attacks. Please tell me I am wrong. Any solution would have to be done by
all the ISP that carry B.L.CoCo, an impossible task.

--
Stephen H. Fischer <sfischer1 at mindspring.com>