[Coco] Re: Help with ms-dos DSKINI please

Stephen Blunt sblunt at agsecorp.com
Mon Jul 19 14:08:41 EDT 2004

> I think what I need to know is the proper Heads, Tracks,
> Sectors, Sector Bytes and 1st sector to tell MESS.
>
> I could guess Heads 2, Tracks 40, but after that I'm lost.
>
> Charlie

For a single sided disk, the default setting are correct:

COCO JVC Disk Image
Heads 1
Tracks 35
Sectors 18
Sector Bytes 256
First Sector 1 (I am never sure about this - but is seems to work)
The sectors and sector bytes shouldn't change.

For your image you will need to make an OS9 disk image. You only specify
heads and tracks for that.

I have tried to login into the MESS bulletin board to pose question such as
these but it refuses to let me in :(

If you wanted to use your lsl.dsk image in MESS what would you do to get it
to work? I assume it is a OS9 bootable disk image. I couldn't get it to work.

Stephen Blunt