[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: CoCo keyboard

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 16 15:41:51 EDT 2004

--- James the Animal Tamer <emucompboy at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I remember an article a while back about using a PC keyboard with the
> Commodore 64.  Basically, the article had you throw out the
> keyboard's intelligence, scratch through all the traces on the PC
> keyboard, make new traces, and wire it up to the C64's ribbon cable.
>
> That approach would work with other computers too, eh?

There is an adapter (cloud9tech.com) that will let the CoCo use any standard AT
keyboard. I plan to build one myself, someday. On the other hand, as you
suggested, one can rewire a keyboard... here's mine:
http://www.geocities.com/theother_bob/coco_page/ccrepack.htm

I totally removed the board and went at it, color coding the wire by
row/column. I forget where I scrounged the keyboard from, but it's my "daily
driver" for years now.

Bob

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/CFFolB/TM