[Coco] OS9 Getclock

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Wed Jul 14 14:45:11 EDT 2004

On Jul 14, 2004, at 1:21 PM, John Donaldson wrote:

>  Does anyone have a current copy of  "getclock". The one I have
> returns the correct date and time
> except it displays 1904 instead of 2004. The date and month are
> correct. It works on  the JC/JV
> emulator, so may not need CLOCK2 in the boot.
>
>    I too have a script that does not seem to work.
>
> chd /h0/sys
> merge stdfonts stdptrs stdpats_2 stdpats_4 stdpats_16 stdwnd
> chd /h0
> gshell <>>>/w&
>
> Everything works down to the gshell activation.
> Then it errors out with a  ERROR 221 --- MODULE NOT FOUND
>
> I verified that the modules are in SYS and gshell exist in /h0/cmds.
> since both "merge" and "gshell" are in the /h0/cmds directory , why
> would it gind "merge"
> OK, but not "gshell"
>
> The NITROS9 version released on 06/01/2003 runs the script fine. The
> current release May 14, 2004 does not.

There was an issue with this, I believe, in the May 14th 2004 release.
I believe Robert Gault had encountered this problem, or fixed it?  At
any rate, I tried the following script:

chd /dd
chx /dd/cmds
shell i=/w&

It worked running the latest "tip of tree" NitrOS-9.  I'm going to be
making the 03.02.02 release of NitrOS-9 soon, so this bug should be
gone now.

> Another question. What do I need to do to get TSEDIT running under
> NITROS9??

It should run "out of the box."