[Coco] Re: A "compile - able" CoCo emulator

Brad Grier bradgrier at cox.net
Wed Jul 7 15:53:46 EDT 2004

> I like MESS because it gives the most accurate emulation of a CoCo. The others
> won't run at the right speed or produce sounds or do artifact colors, etc...
> There's always a trade-off. I still use John/Jeff's CoCo3 emulator and Mocha
> for CoCo2 fun, but MESS is what I turn to for accuracy.
>
> Bob

That's why Mocha is a simulator. :) It'd be very difficult to get a
perfectly timed CoCo emulation in Java - although I guess the latest
version of Java (now in beta) has a nanosecond clock.

My problem with MESS is that I can't seem to get the joystick emulation
to work to my satisfaction. But yes, it is very accurate.

Brad

Mocha - The CoCo Applet
http://members.cox.net/javacoco/