[Coco] A "compile - able" CoCo emulator

John M. Eicher jmeicher at starband.net
Wed Jul 7 15:24:13 EDT 2004

I can't get to my laptop right now to see which one I am running, but I
don't think it is Jeff's.

The emulator I am running seems to be fine on speed and the like. It
seems very accurate to me and I logged a lot of hours behind CoCos from
the ol' 4k greys to the last CoCo2. I bailed before the CoCo 3. No doubt
it might not be as accurate as MESS, but the accuracy I needed was for
the one that would compile to an EXE.

Of course, I don't have any of my old Assembly progs from then and I
have not written any new ones so I can not say if the emulator I am
using will still be good enough for my usage after Barden's book gets
here.

As  I am thinking more about it, it would also be nice to be able to
produce EXEs that can be put on a webpage for public use. If the ROM is
an issue, the EXE could simply require the ROM image be on the disk like
a runtime file. Then it only requires two files. The ROM and the EXE. I
could live with that.

I would like to be able to do something like that has been done with
Sanctum and Calixo Island.

The sound on my emulator is lousy and I don't mess with artifacting
anyway. Most of what I write is database, communications, and other text
based stuff.

I'll have to check into RGB-DOS as I have never seen it before. It might
fix some of my problem.

Thanks,
John