[Coco] A "compile - able" CoCo emulator

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 14:43:43 EDT 2004

> I was planning on checking to see if the CoCo2 emulator has command line
> parameters. I highly doubt it will "autoload" a program, but I could
> make an image file right after the program is executed under the
> emulator and have that loaded via command line. That is if my favorite
> emulator allows command line parms.

Perhaps you should try RGB-DOS for emulators. It will run an AUTOEXEC.BAS file
every time it starts up.

You can create a MESS shortcut that automatically loads the ROM, mounts DSK
images, printer (text file), whatever... thus giving the appearance of a CoCo
specific emulator.

I like MESS because it gives the most accurate emulation of a CoCo. The others
won't run at the right speed or produce sounds or do artifact colors, etc...
There's always a trade-off. I still use John/Jeff's CoCo3 emulator and Mocha
for CoCo2 fun, but MESS is what I turn to for accuracy.

Bob