[Coco] 6X09 -> HC11/HC12

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Fri Jan 16 02:50:28 EST 2004

>From: <jimcox at miba51.com>
>Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:38:04 -0800

>I have a question for you CPU guru's out there.  Which is
>most like the 6X08, the HC11 or the HC12?

I'd have to say the HC11.  The HC12 has evolved at least as far from
the 6800 as the 6809 has, but in a different direction.

Both the HC11 and HC12 have the same basic assembly language, which is
related but not identical to the 6809.

Hardware wise, I can't really say... I don't have the HC12 hardware
reference manual, just the assembly reference. :-(

>Jim

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
"From Hell's heart I STore Accumulator B at thee!"