[Coco] 6X09 -> HC11/HC12

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Jan 16 11:37:27 EST 2004

Willard

The HC11/HC12 is somewhat assembly source compatible. The
object code is the not. The HC12 is more compatible than the
HC11. Any 6809 assembly code will have to be reassembled and
tested completely. Also one must realize that one is going from a
microporocessor top a microcontroller. The HC11/HC12 have built
functions that are not on the 6809. More integrated functions does
allow better acess, but can also fix where the I/O location is. For
OS9 and the Coco that becomes a minor problem. I/O will most
likely have to be moved from $FF00 to somewhere else.

james