[Coco] Re: Me, too, also, ...

Lawrence Weeks dev at anabasis.net
Wed Feb 25 21:03:31 EST 2004

Once upon a time (Wed Feb 25), Ray Watts wrote:

> Damned right! One of my favorite reading pieces is a 1920's Supreme
> Court dissent by Justice Louis Brandeis ...

"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty
 when the government's purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom
 are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil minded
 rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious
 encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding."
  -- Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis

A very wise man, he was.

Larry
--
Lawrence Weeks    | "...when all government... in little as in the
dev at anabasis.net  |  great thing, shall be drawn to Washington as the