[Coco] Me, too, also, ...

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Wed Feb 25 16:46:41 EST 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Ray Watts wrote:

> Arthur Flexser wrote:
>

> >Very interesting.  So, then, Neil, what's YOUR recommendation as to the
> >safest way to pay for purchases over the net from those that do not
> >directly accept credit cards?
> >
> >Art
> >

> I have never had a problem by just Emailing or phoning and requesting
> the necessary information for mailing a personal check.  On several
> occasions a money order or cashier's check was requested, but not often.
>  And I'll never have to go through the ordeal of changing my Visa
> account, then waiting several months to clear the false charge caused by
> poor security.

Are you implying that Paypal gives out your credit card information to
sellers?  I'd assume they just send them a payment and that they keep your
credit card information secure, so that you might just get stung on the
one item.  Credit cards of course offer the option of contesting the
charge with the credit card company, as checks or money orders do
not.  Neil has said Paypal won't stand behind customers who receive
something, but not what they ordered.  Neil, do you have information about
what happens when customers ask the credit card company to intervene in
such cases?

Art