[Coco] Snow White

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Wed Feb 18 22:52:52 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <KnudsenMJ at aol.com>

> In a message dated 2/18/04 6:56:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> wdg3rd at comcast.net writes:
>
> > Judging by the Mouse Corp's attitudes on copying anything, I'd
recommend
> >  preserving any of that material only in secret.
>
> When I saw the first Lord of the Rings flick, I got a kick out of
the Dwarf
> King saying there were once seven of his kind.  Seven dwarfs,
living in the
> mountains, mining -- hey Mickey, you got your ears on?  At least
they didn't sing
> :-)
>
> ISTR that Snow White actually predates Disney's animated movie of
it, so the
> lawyers had to chill out for a change.  --Mike K.

Many of the Disney stories are from folk tales and fairy tales.

http://www.scils.rutgers.edu/~kvander/swlinks.html

http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/type0709.html :-

"Little Snow-White, version of 1812 (Germany, Jacob and Wilhelm
Grimm).

1857 version of the Grimm Brothers' Little Snow-White, translated by
D. L. Ashliman.

German-language Sneewittchen (version of 1857).

Death of the Seven Dwarfs, a folk legend from Switzerland".

Neil