[Coco] Re: Internet practices

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Mon Feb 16 13:06:14 EST 2004

Roger Taylor wrote:
> At 09:46 AM 2/16/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>
>> For this purpose, the only lists that count are SORBS DUL and the
>> MAPS-DUL.  The MAPS-DUL needs a manual check by clicking on the link.
>>
>> http://www.moensted.dk/spam/
>

> I tried my ISP, Bayou.com and although it brought up some references,
> none of it meant a thing to me.  I actually know something about
> networking yet the meaning of those reports are Greek to me.

Bayou.com has two listings.

CLUE-ALL lists all I.P. addresses on the Internet.  It is used for
testing only.

NERD-ZZ is listing all I.P. addresses and returning what country it it
is located in.  It is reporting that your I.P. address is in the U.S.

A larger ISP will have a blackholes.us listing.  This is also normal.

The Adelphia truck just showed up (unscheduled) that may be it from me
for a while.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network
Personal Opinion Only